With the black Strike Noir, I thought a white one would be good to complement it. So I bought another one and painted it with a white scheme. Some small mods are done at the faceplate and the shoulder extensions.
This was originally a broken kit (bought another Godmaru). Some time in the late 90s I think I painted the whole kit red (called it "Red Riding Hood"). Then later on I kitbashed it with parts from 3 other SD kits. Thats the short story :P
An upgrade for the Astraea TDP build from 2008! The reason for this is that having bought the retail version of Astraea (which is still not built at time of post), I thought I should do something to differentiate them. What I did is change the V-fin to the F2 type and repaint some of the red parts blue.
Have decided to name it TDPsp1 which means 'Twin Drive Pack Service Pack 1'. An upgrade, lol.
Used about half a day to do it, as one feet has to be redone due to a too thick coat of paint.
My last kit of 2010. Worked on it for 3 days so it crossed over to 2011.
This Bromptonkit comes with the October 2010 issue of Hobby Japan.
The kit has easy assembly but the parts are not molded that nicely compared to Bandai molds. Theres quite a bit of sanding to get rid of lines left by the mold. The lines are everywhere, at the pedals and even the wheel spokes. Did sand down some but not all.
Found out that my tube of white putty had harden so I didn't putty the frame of the bicycle. Wonder why they didn't mold it as one piece.
Another cool thing is that it folds up just like the real thing.